Bear in mind that some of the links in this article are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase we will earn a commission. We promote Scrubs and Beyond and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Being man’s best friend’s doctor is a huge responsibility. Every pet owner looks to you as the person who is going to heal their pet’s ailments and nurse them back to health.
Naturally, you will have a passion for animals, and like your peers in the human medical field, for whom a surgeon’s scrub caps are to them like a fighter pilot’s call sign is to them. Why not show off your individual veterinary practice’s personality by investing in your very own pair, or two of animal scrub tops.
What’s in a Scrub Top?
Enter circa the 20th century where surgeons performed their duties in strict business attire. They might have worn aprons and other jackets during examinations and surgeries to protect their clothing from stains and messes.
Traditionally, surgeons and other health care providers were seen parading their white, messed scrubs with pride until the 1970’s when the green set of scrub tops and bottoms were introduced. Subsequently, the cold, stark white scrubs became a thing of the past.
Reviewing the Top Performers
Scrubs and Beyond is a market-leading scrubs store when it comes to cute printed scrub tops. We will add a listicle below of the top performers:
Print Scrub Tops
If you want to make your days more colorful, then printed scrub tops with animals are the best choice for you!
Here are our top picks:
We have the coolest scrubs tops out there! They are unisex and the sizes go up to 5XL. The combination of cotton and polyester makes the perfect scrubs material. With three pockets, you will always have the space for all you need. There is something classic about the V-neck line and it suits both men and women. So, go on and pick your favorite design today and treat yourself with a sparky looking scrub top!
At Scrubs and Beyond you will find different brands of scrubs and of course different styles. From fitted to unisex, V-necks or crewnecks, with many pockets and so on. The materials vary, from 100% cotton, to combination between cotton and polyester and 100% polyester.
If you are already loyal to a brand and you believe their scrubs fit you perfectly, you can find the perfect design at Scrubs and Beyond. They are always updating their collection and you can always find new designs.
If you are more traditional and you like your scrubs in a solid color, Scrubs and Beyond offer a variety of solid colors and of course various styles and fits. Again, they offer scrubs by many different brands, so if you have a favorite and you are thinking of updating your wardrobe, head over to their online store and order today! Here are some of our favorites:
Considerations for the Purchase of Scrubs For Women
- Rather invest more into scrub tops of higher quality, as opposed to a pair or a top that is less expensive. You don’t want to find yourself in the position of having to constantly buy new scrub tops due to compromising on quality and having to wear tops that are faded.
- When you find yourself in two minds as to whether to choose a modern or traditional scrub top, it is always recommended to opt for the choice that is best suited to your personality, and with which you will feel most comfortable with.
- Neck cuts and designs. There are a few different styles of neck designs that are associated with scrub tops. V-neck, u-shape, and split neck are a few examples.
If your employer is not too concerned and does not have a preference, try a few to find the style that is most appealing to you.
- To chest pocket, or not to chest pocket. This will depend on whether you intend to load the pocket with items. If you tend to load the pocket with items, it is recommended to rather not opt for pockets. Loading the pockets can add additional strain on the neck.
- Color preferences will again boil down to employer, and, or personal preference. If your employer does not play a role in this decision, we suggest opting for darker colors, as they hide stains better than their lighter counterparts.
Top Ten Tips to Care for Your Scrub Tops
- After purchasing every new set of scrubs or a scrub top, first, pre-treat them by combining cold water and ½ cup of vinegar. This will ensure the longevity of the color of your scrubs and protect it against fading in the future.
- Keep your scrubs confined to their own pile. The care sheet of these garments are different in comparison to your normal clothes, in that it needs to be disinfected properly, after every wear.
- Make use of a color-friendly stain remover before adding to the washing machine. This way you will target the stain without compromising the color of the scrubs in the long run, and risking fade.
- Start the first washing cycle by turning your scrubs the wrong way around and washing it on a heavy load cycle, in cold water, and with regular detergent. Remove from the wash and inspect.
- The second wash cycle will consist of using a color-safe bleach and a large load, hot water cycle.
- Dry your scrubs on the highest heat cycle of your clothes drier for 30 minutes, this will eliminate the remainder of the germs and bacteria, should any be prevalent.
- Should your clothes come out of the dryer, completely free of wrinkles, it is still suggested that you iron it with a hot iron. There might be bacteria still present that can’t be seen with the naked eye. This will ensure an extra barrier against it.
- Remove any loose threads and fix any small holes that might be present, to avoid further tear and damage.
- Wear your scrubs tops only when you are at work. Keep a separate plastic bag in your locker to transport your clothes home to get cleaned.
- Do not apply perfume directly to the surface of your scrubs. Only use deodorants and perfumes on direct skin. The oils and alcohol contained in these products might cause odors and bad discolorations to your scrubs, which might be hard to remove later as they tend to cake.
The final Bark
Now you don’t have to just own the boring, old, and mundane veterinary scrub tops anymore. Spruce up your working wardrobe by adding a few, fun animal inspired scrub tops. Even the pet owners and the animals will love you, and your staff compliment for it.
Project dedicated to support and help to improve Veterinary Medicine. Sharing information and raising discussions in the veterinary community.