The Advantages of Car Seat Boosters
We all love it when our best friend can come along with us on our travels. However, it can sometimes be challenging to ensure that both you and your furry friend are safe in the car. That’s where a cat or dog booster seat comes in handy!
- Safety: It is dangerous with loose dogs and cats in the car. For one, they can be a distraction, but it can also cause violent injuries to the humans in the car, should the worst happen. A dog or cat can turn into a flying projectile in a car accident, injuring themselves and the people around them.
- Visibility: For small dogs, a travel booster seat means they’re more likely to see out the windows, enjoying the view of the world and keeping them entertained on the journey – while staying comfortable and safe.
- Anxiety reducing: Some dogs hate driving. Here a car seat for dogs or cats can help make them more relaxed. Giving them their “own space” can reduce the fear a dog may experience while driving, making it a better trip for four- and two-legged road trip companions.
A Look at Pet Car Seats
This dog booster seat is made for dogs and cats, which is useful if you plan to take both on trips. You can place the booster seat on both front and rear seats! It includes a dog seatbelt that will keep your four-legged friends safely in the seat while also keeping it from distracting you – making for a safer trip for all!
This booster seat also allows your dog to keep an eye on the world outside, giving your dog a window view. This dog car booster seat can securely hold dogs up to 30 pounds, but these may have a body mass too large for the booster seat. This is why Kurgo recommends that this seat is mostly used for dogs up to 20 pounds.
The dimensions are 12D x 16W x 8 H inches.
- It is water-resistant and easy to clean.
- Lifts off the car seat, allowing your dog a view of the world.
Much like the above Kurgo Booster Seat, this one can securely hold both cats and dogs. This seat also contains a seat belt tether, which should help keep your dog (or cat) from becoming motion sick! (No, it’s not just us two-legged creatures that suffer from the horrors of car sickness).
This car booster seat is also 12D x 16W x 8H inches and can hold dogs (or cats for that matter) up to 30 pounds.
We recommend that you measure your dog before purchasing to ensure your dog will fit comfortably in the seat. It is essential that it can sit and lie without issues.
- Lifts off the car seat, allowing your dog a view of the world
- The Dog car seat belt is adjustable and attaches easily to harnesses.
This dog seat is perfect for slightly bigger dogs or those who prefer sitting on the seat themselves. Meanwhile, it also protects your bucket car seat from dog fur, mud, and dirt. (An added benefit is that it also protects the back of the chair if you have small two-legged creatures who might put their feet up there).
This car seat fits all seats 17-21 inches wide and includes straps around the seat to keep it in place. When on, it is 21W x 60H inches. Please note that this seat does not tether your dog to anything, so maybe consider getting a safety harness for traveling.
- Water and stain-resistant – only need to spot clean as needed.
- It has an extra storage pocket to accommodate treats, toys, or anything else you might need.
If your dog loves sitting in the back whenever you go on road trips, this might be the perfect solution for you. This booster seat bridges the gap between the car seats and prevents your dog from falling into the footwell.
It also includes a center console barrier to keep your best friend in the back – and keep it from distracting you while driving.
This dog car seat has a universal and secure fit and measures 16D x 52W x 1H inches, and can hold dogs up to 100 pounds!
If you were worried, this backseat bridge is reversible, meaning it can be taken out whenever you feel like it – so any guests won’t have to lie on top of it!
- Allows your dog plenty of space to move around on the rear seats while being safe.
- The center console has an extra pocket and cup holder for storage.
This is a backseat barrier made from mesh that allows your dog to move around freely on the rear seats, all while keeping it from poking its head in between the front seats and distracting you from driving!
The barrier attaches to the back of the front seats, and therefore it also protects your dog in situations where you have to break and stop suddenly.
This mesh barrier has a universal fit and will fit most vehicles. It is also easy to install and can be left up, even when you have two-legged passengers on the rear seats. It is 22W x 27H inches in dimensions.
- Your dog can look out through the mesh but will be protected during sudden stops.
- It keeps your dog from distracting you while driving.
Summary: Our Favourite Product
All Kurgo’s car seats and dog booster seats are useful for almost all dog owners (and some cat owners) out there. Some benefits all the ones mentioned above share is:
- Easy to install in virtually any vehicle.
- Comes with a hassle-free Kurgo lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.
However, in the end, our favorite product is the Kurgo Heather Booster Dog Car Seat.
This booster seat is economical and safe, making sure your dog is safely tucked into its seat at all times.
Another benefit of this one – making it our favorite – is that your dog is not in the front to distract you. As much as we love our doggy-friends, they can be distracting, even when sitting still. This lovely dog booster seat also doubles as a travel bed – and is stain resistant, a massive bonus if you have a dog who likes to get muddy paws.
Bear in mind that some of the links in this article are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase we will earn a commission. We promote Kurgo.com and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.