World Penguin Day is a holiday celebrated every year since 1972 when Gerry Wallace first wrote it in his wife’s calendar. Since then, this holiday was accepted all over the world.
In the infographic below, you can see some interesting penguin facts and info about the holiday.
- World Penguin Day is celebrated on April 25th to honor their northward migration.
There are 17 different species of penguins. 11 of them are endangered.
- All species of penguins live in the Southern hemisphere.
The Emperor penguin is the largest of all penguin species – 4 feet tall.
- The smallest penguin is the Little Blue and is 16 inches tall.
- Penguins swim in groups and with the speed of 22 mph.
- Celebrate penguins by reading about them, dress in penguin colors, visit the local zoo or donate to a non-profit organization.
Follow hashtags #WorldPenguinDay and #ILoveVeterinary to see how others celebrate this day.
If you liked this article, read our last years article “World Penguin Day“.
Project dedicated to support and help to improve Veterinary Medicine. Sharing information and raising discussions in the veterinary community.