The veterinary field is a career in a league of it’s own, to say the least! As veterinary professionals, we do a bit of it all. We are phlebotomists, X-ray technicians, care givers, pharmacists, anesthesiologists, and everything in between. It takes a special person to work in this field, as we sometimes have to work through some hilarious obstacles. In our work setting and outside, this work runs through our veins!
You know you’re in the veterinary field when…
There was incredible participation on a post in our “I Love Veterinary Medicine” Facebook group on this topic! Here were some of our favorites:
- Pet hair in your food doesn’t bother you.
- You hear IV pumps going off in your sleep.
- You know a “party hat” isn’t really a party hat.
- You can’t discuss your day at the dinner table.
- You’ve used Popsicle sticks as utensils.
- You find yourself admiring a dog’s veins
- You start running up treatment plans for dogs you see at the dog park.
- You forget that not everyone wants to see your abscess videos.
- When “Black Friday” is really “pancreatitis and foreign body day.”
- When you compare different pasta types to intestinal parasites.
- When you walk around all day with poop in your scrub pocket.
- When scratches and bruises are another part of your wardrobe.
- You’re use to 101.6 being a normal body temperature.
- When you can work with a Parvo patient, and go eat lunch without a problem!
Without a doubt, our days are filled with laughter, hard work, and resilience! If you are in the veterinary field, you rock!
If you enjoyed this post, take a look at our info-graphic You know you’re a large animal vet when on our blog. Thank you to everyone for their participation in our Facebook groups, and helping us to create a fun and helpful community for veterinary professionals alike!