This article is dedicated to Pet Appreciation Week!
Isn’t it sad that we only have one week a year to properly appreciate our pets? Let’s make it a year-round habit, to love and cuddle and care for our pets and four-legged best friends.
We celebrate “Pet appreciation week”, otherwise known as PAW, his year from the 6th to the 12th of June. The idea of the holiday is to connect with your pet on a more fun level and show them how much we really love and appreciate them.
The weather is nice and warm, with no more rains (mostly) and all that allows us to explore nature with our pets. To take them on a hike in the mountains, to have a lovely beach day and let them soak their feet in the water, to play frisbee and fetch and so much more.
But, let’s not forget about all the precautions we need to take in order to protect them and thus show them how much we appreciate them. Before you go on an adventure with your furry friends make sure that all the vaccines are up-to-date, that your flea medication and deworming is on time, and when you come back home do not forget to check their entire body for possible foxtail or any injury/abrasions.
Why and How To Pay Attention to Your Pets During Pet Appreciation Week
How to Show Appreciation to Your Pets
- Showing your appreciation towards your pets means that you are showing them love.
- Displaying appreciation to your pet or pets means that you appreciate them and the role that they play in your life and those closest to you.
- By showing your appreciation for your pets, it means that you are paying attention to them. They are richly deserving of this for everything they do for us on a daily basis.
- Ways in which you can show appreciation for your pet is by buying and giving them treats, investing in some supplements to better their health, making them a home-cooked meal, getting them a new toy, taking them for a walk, or just a long belly rub and a cuddle afterward.
- Invest in your pet’s health by ensuring that they have all their vaccinations up to date and any other vet appointments that you might have neglected a bit 🙂
- Conduct a safety check around your home to ensure that their environment is enriched and safe for them to thrive in.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter this week. If you don’t have time, you can always donate much-needed supplies like food, blankets, kitty litter, and toys.
- Spoil your pet with a grooming session at the local groomer.
- Assist a family member, friend, neighbor, or elderly person by spoiling their animals too.
The Reasons Why You Should Appreciate Your Pet
- Having a pet means that there is a being whose only purpose is to serve you and love you unconditionally.
- Pets are the cutest and they can do so many cool things.
- Having a pet around means that you are relaxed.
- Pets rock our world!
- Animals are super smart and we can learn a lot from them.
- Have a lovely week with your pets
Some Cool Facts About Your Pets
You cat has 32 muscles in every ear.
Your dog’s sense of smell is 1000 times better than yours.
Every cat has four rows of whiskers.
Every dog’s nose print is as unique as a human fingerprint and no two dog noses are the same.
Happy Pet Appreciation Week!
If you enjoyed this article, why not read up about another animal observance that takes place in May, namely: National Service Dog Eye Examination Month.
Project dedicated to support and help to improve Veterinary Medicine. Sharing information and raising discussions in the veterinary community.