Treating Canine Anxiety with Calming Dog Treats
This guide will let you in on 10 of the best calming dog treats. If you read it blow by blow, you will find something suitable for your furry friend. Let’s dig in!
Anxieties and fears are a common thing among dogs. Studies have revealed that approximately half the population of dogs fear fireworks while almost 15% suffer separation anxiety. Therefore, as a pet parent, you need knowledge on calming dog treats.
The 10 Best Calming Dog Treats
There are many dog calming treats, including homemade calming dog treats. If you are not careful, you might end up getting poor-quality dog treats for your four-pawed friend. But, since you are here, today is your lucky day. Discussed below are the best calming dog treats to give you a headstart:
If you want your pet to improve its health and performance, try The Missing Link Ultimate Hip/Joint for Dogs treat. It is a supplement that consists of a variety of ingredients.
- Ground flaxseed
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride
- Freeze-dried beef liver
- Cane molasses
- Rice Bran
- Primary dried yeast
- Sunflower seed
- Dehydrated alfalfa meal
- Dried carrot
- Ground beef bone
- Dried fish solubles
- Freeze-dried oyster
- Ground beef barley grass
- Dried kelp
- Zinc methionine complex
- Selenium yeast
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Niacin (Vitamin B3)
- Yucca Schidigera extract
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1)
- Folic acid
- Vitamin B12
- Treats gingivitis.
- Relieves muscle inflammation.
- Reduces swelling after surgery.
- Allergies associated with fleas will disappear.
- Clears dandruff, lick granulomas, Alopecia, and chronic seborrhea.
- Promotes the growth of hair after hair loss.
- Improves the appetite of the dogs.
- Reduces gastrointestinal inflammation and enteritis.
- Improves the texture of the stool.
- Energy levels improve in dogs.
- Helps keeps dogs calm.
“New puppy formula has been successful in early development. Ready for the next level of growth support.”
“I have older pugs, and they have joint problems, and this helps with shedding and joint problems, and they love it.”
What can I give my dog for anxiety? This is a question that most dog owners ask themselves whenever a dog is facing stress. A common problem with dogs is separation anxiety. It happens to dogs of any size, age, or disposition. Rescue remedy is the best calm aid in this case.
- Impatiens (Impatiens glandulifera)
- Clematis (Clematis vitalba)
- Cherry Plum (Prunus cerasifera)
- Star of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum umbellatum)
- HPUS 5X dilution of Rock Rose (Helianthemum nummularium)
- It is alcohol-free.
- Easy to administer; use a dropper to add drops of the treat to food or water. It can be given in the dog’s mouth, or you rub it into the nose, ear, or paw.
- It is a time-tested, five flower formula.
- Homeopathic remedy for anxiety.
- It can be used for any pet: dogs, cats, birds, fish, horses, and rabbits.
“My dog is afraid of thunderstorms. A couple of drops of this mixed in a spoonful of peanut butter calms her down.”
“It was recommended to relieve stress for my show dog.”
“Calms my dog down in thunderstorms.”
You will not miss Nutri-Vet Pet-Ease Soft Chews among the calming dog treats. It helps your dog deal with stressful situations like parties, separation anxiety, and visits to the vet. It is made from a mix of herbs and amino acids. It has a smoky taste that many dogs love.
- Bio-Calm Complex (propriety blend of Chamomile, Hops, Ginger, Tryptophan, and Taurine) (155mg), BHA, Caramel color
- Flax-seed meal
- Potassium Sorbate
- Tomato Pomace
- Wheat Flour
- It is a homeopathic alternative to prescribed medications.
- The ingredients in it promote relaxation.
- It helps your dog cope with stressful events.
“Was not sure this would work and was rather skeptical but ordered anyway. My pom pup does not like me to leave him at home and is rather anxious. I tried this and was quite pleased-it calmed him. Not like sedation, but it took some of the edge off. Nice.”
Pets can be very anxious, especially when traveling. To ease dog anxiety, use Nutri-Vet Pet-Ease Wafers to deal with separation anxiety or visits to the vet. They have a delicious taste that will make them want more.
- Bio-calm complex (propriety blend of chamomile, ginger, Taurine, and Tryptophan) – It is the main active ingredient.
- May prevent destructive behavior and excessive barking.
- It’s a homeopathic alternative to prescription medications.
- The ginger root in it promotes relaxation.
- It is among the best calming chews for dogs since it helps the dog cope with stressful events.
“My two little ones love this. We call them night-night biscuits, and they know that after these treats, it’s time for bed.”
“I’ve used it for years for my dogs, it works great, and it’s all-natural.”
Nutri-Vet Nasty Habits Chewable is among the calming chews for dogs. There is a bad habit of eating feces that dogs have. How nasty it is when a dog eats its own feces? You need not worry because Nutri-Vet Nasty Habits Chewable will prevent this habit. It has a liver flavor that dogs love.
- Cayenne Pepper
- Parsley leaf
- Yucca schidigera
- Glutamic acid
- Beef liver
- Stearic acid
- Helps control bad behavior.
- Easy to administer.
- It has a liver flavor that dogs love.
“Good product, best price.”
“Works better and cheaper than what you get in pet stores.”
Zesty Paws All Ages, Advanced Calming Bites with Melatonin, Turkey Flavored Soft Chews, Behavior Functional Dog Supplement
Zesty Paws is also an excellent calming dog treat. They are soft chews that help to support stressed and nervous dogs.
- It is essential since it helps pets during stressful situations.
- The paws are flavored with peanut butter which is suitable for stressed dogs.
- The ingredient called ashwagandha helps to encourage focus when dealing with external stressors.
- Chamomile and valerian root help the dog to be at ease.
- The zesty paws also have amino acids and suntheanine that promote relaxation.
- Organic hemp powder.
- Organic passionflower.
- Organic ginger root.
- Sorbic acid.
- Rosemary extract.
- Mixed Tocopherols.
“I had a very rowdy young dog that was very hyper. I saw these calming bites, and although I was a bit apprehensive, I really trust Zesty paws.”
Do you want to try CBD calming dog treats? Try Pet Naturals. It is among the dog treats that are free from chemicals that may lead to sedation. They are so delicious, and the ingredients help to promote a calm behavior in dogs and cats.
- Pet naturals work naturally without causing fatigue.
- They are naturally delicious.
- There is the colostrum calming complex that supports cognitive functions and also helps to manage stress.
- Colostrum calming complex
- Brewers yeast
- Calcium sulfate
- Canola oil
- Sodium Alginate
- Vegetable oil
“This product worked the first time I gave it to my dog. The treats are smaller than I hoped, but they worked.”
They are chews that are used on dogs that are anxious, hyperactive, or nervous. It is an advanced formula that combines factors that are not found in other dog calming treats. It can be used every day or whenever needed for a pet to relax.
- It can be given up to twice daily.
- The chews can be used on distressed or nervous dogs.
- VetriScience has got the calming formula, i.e., calming complex, thiamine, and L-theanine, that support balanced behavior.
- It comes with a seal from the National Animal Supplement Council that shows it is approved for use.
- Colostrum calming complex
- Rosemary extract
- Chicken liver
- Silicon Dioxide
- Soy Lecithin
- Vegetable oil
“This product has done wonders for my two dogs.”
“My two beagles are much happier sleeping in their crates when they have these. It does not make them overtired in the morning like other products have.”
Naturvet Quiet Moments Calming Aid dog soft chews are suitable for nervous dogs. They are easy to chew, and they help to reduce tension. The added melatonin ingredients promote relaxation.
- Melatonin helps in relaxation.
- Ginger supports sensitive stomachs.
- The ingredients thiamine and L-Tryptophan help to reduce tension and stress.
- Naturvet is developed for dogs that are above 12 weeks of age.
- Brewer’s dried yeast
- Rice flour
- Vegetable oil
“I recently had a major life change which resulted in my dog and I leaving our home to stay with my parents and their dog. Our first night in our new home was stressful for everyone. These treats helped to calm him down.”
YoPup Chill Out Biscuits Dog Treats are tasty and healthy since they are wheat-free! After being baked, there is a drizzle of yogurt applied to calm and reduce stress in the dog.
- There are probiotics that have been well-selected to manage stress.
- It is a great treat that is wheat-free; hence it’s suitable for dogs with food allergies.
- It is a great way to add good bacteria to your dog’s diet.
- There are flaxseed and cranberry flavors that are great antioxidants.
- Chicken meal
- Brown rice
- Oat fiber
- Lactic acid
- Dried yeast
- Live cultures
- Brewers yeast
- Live cultures
“My English Bull Dog Teddy really likes YoPup Chill Out Biscuits Dog Treats. I purchased them because it says it creates serenity. I didn’t think it would be worth a try since he freaks out about the feral cats in the neighborhood. I must say it does help him relax.”
Key Summary and Highlights
In summary, choose from the above dog treats for your anxious dog. If you can, get a calming dog treats recipe and make your own homemade dog treats. In case of a dog calming treats overdose, seek the help of a veterinarian.
Bear in mind that some of the links in this article are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase we will earn a commission. As a Chewy affiliate I earn commissions for qualifying purchases. We promote Chewy.com , Dog.com and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Project dedicated to support and help to improve Veterinary Medicine. Sharing information and raising discussions in the veterinary community.